Friday, December 10, 2010

Back to blogging

Dudes! It's been a while.

Thinking about Christmas cookies has brought me back to the blog. During recent holiday seasons, I haven't had the energy or strength to make more than a batch of fudge. Post diagnosis, I see how much potential my kitchen truly has.

So I'm making a real baking list this season. My awesome husband, Nate, is giving away homebrew for Christmas, and I want to tuck in some cookies with his six-packs. I doubt anyone will notice or care that they're gluten-free -- most of our friends just like to put food in their mouths and don't care if it's made with wheat flour or amaranth, as long as it tastes good.

So here's my list:
Thin Mints (using Gluten-Free Girl's Oreo recipe for the wafer, and Heidi Swanson's Thin Mint recipe for the coating.)
Sugar cookies
Gingerbread women
Peanut butter fudge (Alton Brown's recipe)
Macarons (from Hisako Ogita's "I Love Macarons")

Will I get to the whole list? Probably not. But I'll post pictures of what I end up making.

In the meantime, latkes:



1 comment:

  1. Did you see that you won a copy of our cookbook, on top of this? Send me an email for all the details!

    ReplyDelete